As we know from three decades of experience, the impact of a promise kept extends across generations.
With your help, we will raise $40 million to support the construction of our facility expansion as well as capital reserves and endowment funds for scholarships, support services, artistic and educational programming. The ambitious project positions COCA to meet evolving community needs and serve its growing student base, while also sustaining its long-term commitment to ensuring access.
As a community, we will do all of this together.
With a planned start date in early 2018 and completion in late 2019, the project includes:
- A state-of-the-art theatre (450 seats) to both meet COCA’s growing performance needs as well as expand opportunities to host local and touring visiting artists.
- More than 8,000 square feet of new studio space for COCA’s growing programs, including its nationally acclaimed Pre-Professional Program and joint MFA in Dance offered in partnership with Washington University in St. Louis.
- A visually stunning and highly functional Performance Lab restoring the original architecture of Mendelsohn’s sanctuary and providing a central studio, rehearsal hall and informal presentation/event space.
- New art & design lab and multipurpose instructional space equipped with tools to foster exploration and creativity.
- New community space – located throughout the project – to create a more hospitable, welcoming second home for COCA’s families and visitors.
- A designated, safe, and accessible drop-off and pick-up configuration.
- A new parking garage: COCA’s patrons will be accommodated across the street in a new 200+ space shared-use parking garage in development with Washington University.