Marketing Sales Coordinator (Part-Time, Contract)
As a member of the Marketing and Communications department, the Marketing Sales Coordinator is responsible for retail- and sales-driven aspects of the overall COCA marketing plan.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing a broad range of marketing tactics to help meet and exceed COCA’s sales and revenue goals in areas including:
- Individual, Group, and Subscription Ticket Sales Efforts
- Conference/Speaker Ticket Sales
- Merchandise Sales
- Targeted Registration Drives for Retail Classes & Camps
- Low-level Sponsorship Solicitations, including Playbill Sales
- Conduct market research to identify market niches, product awareness, market penetration opportunities, competition, etc.
- Work with Media Content Coordinator to create E-mail and Social Media Content specific to sales efforts.
- Plan and execute grassroots and cross-promotional opportunities for select COCA programs.
- Coordinate sales efforts to area schools and targeted groups/organizations.
- Coordinate all logistics for theatre subscriber events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Passion for COCA’s mission.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and via electronic channels; a persuasive, passionate communicator.
- One to two years’ experience in Marketing or a related field.
- Sales experience with proven results required.
- Ability to problem solve, manage projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines in an energetic, fast paced organization.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively on a team and independently to see projects through to completion.
As a leader in arts education, and the largest multidisciplinary community arts organization in the Midwest, COCA annually serves more than 50,000 people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Through dance, vocal music, theatre, art and design, and beyond, we nurture the artistic and creative potential in our community.