St. Louis Premiere – Limited Engagement
Principal dancers Misty Copeland and David Hallberg are just a few alumni of the company Dance Magazine calls, “gracious and technically spectacular.”
The Studio Company consists of twelve dancers hand selected from around the world by American Ballet Theatre.
Each night’s program will be a little different, and highlights include:
- An excerpt from Ethan Stiefel and Johan Kobborg’s Giselle, which was originally created and staged in 2012 for The Royal New Zealand Ballet
- Bournonville’s William Tell pas de deux, staged by Ask la Cour
- A new work choreographed by New York City Ballet Principal Dancer Lauren Lovette, custom-created on the Studio Company
- A new work by New York Theater Ballet Resident Choreographer Marco Pelle, inspired by the opera Carmen, custom-created on the Studio Company
- The revival of a work by Liam Scarlett, created in an exchange between the Studio Company and The Royal Ballet School.
ABT’s visit to St. Louis includes a residency program and community outreach with Project Plié, ABT’s initiative to increase racial and ethnic representation in ballet and diversify America’s ballet companies. (90 mins.)
THURS, MAR 15 7:00PM
FRI, MAR 16 | 7:00PM
SAT, MAR 17 | 5:00PM