- COCA Parking Lot | APR 20-28 -
Allow extra time for drop off and parking for classes and events.
- TRAFFIC ALERT -
TRAFFIC ALERT: LOOP TROLLEY CONSTRUCTION
- COCA's New Moves -- ALIVE Magazine - Two of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s best aim to take COCA’s dance program to the top.
- Ferrings donate $5 million to COCA -- St. Louis Business Journal - John and Alison Ferring announced a donation of $5 million to COCA's endowment in January of 2015.
- COCA Hires Acclaimed Dancers Antonio and Kirven Douthit-Boyd to Head Youth Program -- Riverfront Times - After his final bow in Paris this summer with the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Antonio Douthit-Boyd and his husband (and fellow Ailey dancer), Kirven Douthit-Boyd, will officially join COCA as co-artistic directors of dance.
- Douthit-Boyds make career move to COCA -- St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Antonio Douthit-Boyd and Kirven Douthit-Boyd announced their retirement from Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre to join COCA's full-time staff as Co-Artistic Directors of Dance.
- Celebrated Dancer Antonio Douthit-Boyd Returns To St. Louis To Teach New Generation -- St. Louis Public Radio - Two of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre's principal dancers, Antonio Douthit-Boyd and Kirven Douthit-Boyd, are coming to COCA's full-time staff as Co-Artistic Directors of Dance.
- Education in the new economy: STEM plus arts -
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Preview: Classical and Hip-Hop Worlds Come Together - St. Louis Beacon
- Maritz Employees Take a Ride - Maritz Holdings Inc.
- Dorothy, Friends Get Dance Workout in 'hip hOZ' - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Kelly Pollock, Center of Creative Arts - KDHX
- American Arts Experience: hip hOZ - HEC-TV
- COCA Circus Fitness - Fox 2
- Art Mavens - ALIVE Magazine
- Kevin Carroll and “Rules of the Red Rubber Ball” - Fox 2
- Carroll Brings Spirit of Play to St. Louis with ‘Red Rubber Ball' Exhibit - St. Louis Beacon
- COCAbiz Business Speaker - KPLR 11
- For Kids’ Sake - Town & Style Magazine
- COCA Summer Camp - KPLR 11
- COCA: Highlights of SPARK Conference - The St. Louisan
- The Hot List: Arts & Culture - ALIVE Magazine, page 87
- Celebrities Return Home for COCAcabana - KSDK NewsChannel 5
- Cover Story COCA - Town & Style Magazine
- COCA's Family Series Opens with 'Alice in Wonderland' - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- COCA's 'Alice in Wonderland' - KSDK NewsChannel 5
- Teaching from the Heart - Dance Magazine
- The Lure of Addictions and the Mysterious Transmigration of Red - The New York Times
- Two Modern Dance Revivals - The Wall Street Journal
- A Salute, Ailey Style, for a Star’s 25th Year - The New York Times
- Alicia Graf’s Transition Tale: Career Moves – An Upward Trend - gendance: generation dance
- Keeping Up With The Grafs: From Back Up To Center Stage - gendance: generation dance
- 03/27/2015 COCA Hires Jennifer Stoffel As Director of External Affairs and Strategic Initiatives
COCA announced that Jennifer Stoffel will join its senior leadership team as Director of External Affairs and Strategic Initiatives.
- 03/20/2015 Announcing the 2015-2016 COCA Presents Season
COCA is pleased to announce its COCA Presents 2015-2016 season.
- 02/12/2015 COCA Present 2014-2015: Little Prince
COCA's final COCA Presents production of the season: The Little Prince
- 01/29/2015 COCA Presents 2014-2015: Walking the Tightrope
COCA Presents Walking the Tightrope in the Founders’ Theatre February 21 and 22, 2015.
- 01/22/2015 COCA Present 2014-2015: Continuing the Legacy
A press release about COCA’s upcoming production of Continuing the Legacy, conceived of and directed by COCA Alumnus Christopher Page, which uses dance, music and vivid photography as vehicles to take audience members on a powerful journey through black history—from slavery to the jazz era, through the civil rights movement, to modern times.
- 01/09/2015 Internationally Renowned Dancers to Join COCA Artistic Team
Antonio Douthit-Boyd and Kirven Douthit-Boyd Retire from Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater to Lead COCA Dance Program as Co-Artistic Directors of Dance
- 12/23/2014 COCA Presents The Little Prince
A news release on The Little Prince, running at COCA in March. This musical play, based on the book by Antoine de Sant-Exupery, features COCA Theatre Company (CTC) student actors in tandem with St. Louis professionals.
- 12/01/2014 COCA Presents Show from L.A.'s Acclaimed 24th Street Theatre
A news release on Walking the Tightrope. Winner of three Drama Critics Circle Awards and honored with more than a dozen nominations for acting, music, video design and more, this was produced in Los Angeles by 24th Street Theatre. It is a creative and moving story of a grandfather and granddaughter who must redefine their relationship after Grandma leaves to "join the circus."
- 12/01/2014 COCA Presents Continuing the Legacy in Honor of Black History Month
A news release on Continuing the Legacy. Written and directed by COCA alumnus Christopher Page, Continuing the Legacy uses dance as a vehicle to take audience members through black history – from slavery to the jazz era, through the civil rights movement, to modern times.
- 11/05/2014 COCA Announces New Board Members
An announcement of the appointment of five new members to COCA’s Board of Directors. The new members include representatives from Express Scripts, The Laclede Group, Inc., Monsanto and PNC Bank, as well as a former professional ballet dancer and attorney.
- 11/03/2014 COCA Executive Director Addresses NEA
A press release/photo from Friday’s National Council on the Arts public meeting at which Kelly Pollock, COCA Executive Director was a featured speaker.
- 10/20/2014 COCA Presents High Energy Hip-Hop Concert
A news release on Perpetual Motion. The new year kicks off with this high-energy dance concert featuring the talented members of COCAdance and the COCA Hip-Hop Crew performing a mix of cutting-edge hip-hop and contemporary dance!
- 10/20/2014 Children's Favorite, Stella, Comes to Life at COCA
A news release on Stella, Queen of the Snow, part of the 2014-2015 COCA Presents season, November 22-23, 2014. Mermaid Theatre of Nova Scotia has joined forces with popular Stella and Sam author Marie-Louise Gay in a new stage adaption of the beloved storybook, designed especially for young children.
- 10/16/2014 Award-winning Nearly Lear Next up at COCA
Next up in the 2014-2015 COCA Presents season – one night only on November 8, 2014 at 5pm - Nearly Lear. Actress Susanna Hamnett braves the most savage storm in English literature with breathtaking hilarity and heartache, honoring the beautiful language of Lear while taking a bit of poetic license.
- 09/15/2014 COCA Holiday Tradition - The Little Dancer - Returns!
This production brings to life the famous Degas statuette and celebrates her awakening with dancing, costumes and music that are colorful and varied. This season, the statuette “dances” through iconic images of St. Louis, in honor of the city’s 250th birthday.
- 09/15/2014 Nicole Lemkemeier to Exhibit in the Millstone Gallery at COCA
The press release on “Poetic Nature: Discovering the Audubon Center at Riverlands,” a new exhibition by St. Louis artist Nicole Lemkemeier opening at COCA on October 10.
- 07/07/2014 COCA Presents 2014-2015: Kindur
The Adventurous Life of Icelandic Sheep
- 05/22/2014 COCA Raises Record $950,000 at April COCAcabana Fundraiser
COCA Raises Record $950,000 at April Fundraiser; Funds Raised Benefit COCA’s Arts Education Programs and Scholarships
- 05/13/2014 Breathe: Maria Ojascastro and Rudy Zapf, In the Millstone Gallery at COCA
Collaborative Mixed-Media Exhibition to Open at COCA, June 13
- 05/08/2014 COCA Presents 2013-2014: Trick Boxing
COCA Presents 2013-2014: Trick Boxing, Featuring the Comedic and Dance Talents of Husband and Wife Duo Brian Sostek and Megan McClellan, Known as Sossy Mechanics, June 7 & 14
Director of Marketing and Communications
(314) 561-4868 -
Development and Marketing Coordinator
(314) 561-4894 -