COCAbiz is COCA's business training division that develops fundamental business skills through immersive arts-based learning experiences.
About COCAbizOur Mission
To build a more creative, engaged and effective work-force by delivering innovative classes, workshops and events that employ authentic arts teaching to deliver real business results.
More than ever, growth and competitiveness depend on bringing radical new perspectives and creativity to business challenges. The ability to innovate will make or break the businesses of tomorrow. COCAbiz offers the unique power of arts-based learning to unlock the full creative energy of individuals, teams and organizations to accomplish breakthrough results.
How We Work
COCAbiz’s customized programs – bizTHINKs, Creativity Labs, corporate workshops, retreats and SPARK, the annual business creativity conference – use authentic arts-based learning experiences to effectively impart real business skills and transform organizational culture to support the practices and values needed to nurture creativity and innovation.
The COCAbiz team works with clients to clarify key objectives and creates a customized plan for a shared creative experience relevant to the business challenges. Every COCAbiz program pairs at least one of COCA's 250 teaching artists (visual artists, designers, dancers, musicians, writers, actors or directors) with trained business facilitators to design and deliver effective, experiential arts-based training.
The COCAbiz team develops custom workshops that utilize a unique, arts-based teaching methodology to deliver the focused results businesses seek.
Held quarterly, bizTHINK engages business leaders in authentic arts experiences that create lasting connections and provide tools to help businesses grow.
The annual COCAbiz business creativity conference.
COCAbiz Client WorkCOCAbiz has engaged a variety of organizations, including financial services, technology, consumer goods and healthcare companies.
COCAbiz in the News
- "Firms using the arts to engage employees, foster creativity" – St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 20, 2011
- "Arts group's new classes cater to business people" – Suburban Journal, May 18, 2011
- One Organization’s Journey to Connect Art & Business – ARTSblog, November 14, 2011
- Arts-Based Learning: Not an Either/Or, But a Both/And – ARTSblog, November 17, 2011
Business Creativity Resources
- Iain Roberts of IDEO: Innovation by Design Presentation from February 6, 2012 keynote.
- The pARTnership Movement is an initiative from Americans for the Arts to reach business leaders with the message that partnering with the arts can build their competitive advantage.
Kevin Carroll + COCA present The Art of Sport + Play!