Opportunities at COCA
COCA is always looking for qualified individuals to work in a variety of capacities. COCA is a community-based arts center committed to the creation, presentation and display of the visual and performing arts. We seek like-minded individuals who are as passionate about their profession as the center is about its mission. You’ll work with other staff/faculty members who are professionals in their field and embrace the importance of the arts in all their forms to the community.
Current Job Openings
COCA Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and supports all aspects of COCA’s multi-faceted marketing initiatives, with a focus on writing, publications, promotions, digital marketing, research and general administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the development and execution of marketing plans, creative briefs and presentations.
• Manage the production of COCA publications and draft/assign editorial content.
• Ensure all marketing materials adhere to strict brand guidelines.
• Provide design support to the Graphic Designer.
• Maintain marketing materials inventory and coordinate distribution and public display.
• Execute the day-to-day creation and delivery of e-marketing materials.
• Maintain internal marketing events calendar and online community calendars.
• Assist with the strategy and execution of social media, SEO, online advertising and other digital marketing efforts.
• Provide website maintenance and update support to the Graphic Designer.
• Coordinate and facilitate all on- and off-site promotions and grassroots partnerships.
• Coordinate sales efforts to area schools and targeted groups/organizations.
• Coordinate media relations efforts.
• Conduct market research to identify market niches, product awareness, market penetration opportunities, competition, etc.
• Prepare and send surveys and analyze data to determine brand awareness, loyalty, etc.
• Collaborate with Development team to produce fundraising analytics as required.
• Assist Development Department with grant writing and case making to ensure content is consistent with institutional marketing messages.
• Collaborate with core programming divisions to evaluate program offerings, create appropriate marketing plans and develop analytics to utilize for future planning.
• Coordinate all logistics for internal and external marketing events and meetings, including theatre subscriber events.
• Maintain department’s archive files including collateral, photos and media coverage.
• Manage all Marketing Department interns.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications.
• Passion for COCA’s mission.
• One to two years experience in Marketing or a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree. Marketing/Journalism/Communications is a plus.
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Grant writing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated success with digital media marketing strategies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive, passionate communicator.
• Ability to problem-solve, manage projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines in an energetic, fast paced organization.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively on a team and independently to see projects through to completion.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the subject line.
Full-time position, requiring some evening and weekend hours, with competitive salary and benefits package.
COCA is searching for a part-time Patron Services Specialist. This position is fast paced, highly visible, and works on the front line answering phones and receiving and directing patrons. This position also alternates between the front desk/reception area and the position of “Floor Manager” to oversee the scheduled activities and events happening in the facility. This opportunity requires evenings and week-ends. Ideal candidates must be able to roll up their sleeves and work in a “hands on” environment. Position also demands an energetic individual with strong customer service, PC and multi-tasking skills.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com using COCA Patron Services in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Position Description Summary:
This position reports to the Controller and serves as an integral member of the Accounting team. Key duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage the payroll function, providing a high level of customer service while maintaining strong internal controls and managing payroll and tax compliance. Responsibilities encompass all duties related to payroll processing and reporting, including maintaining employee payroll records, processing time and attendance information, processing bi-weekly payrolls, direct deposits and reconciling benefits.
• Respond to requests for employment and wage verification.
General Ledger /Accounts Payable
• Review submitted invoices and check requests for complete information including current W9, proper authorization, and account coding.
• Entering AP invoices and check requests into Great Plains.
• Review payables weekly, produce, and distribute AP checks.
• Prepare and enter monthly journal entries as determined.
• Reconcile assigned accounts for accuracy and make adjustments as required.
• Month end closing – assist Senior Accountant as needed to expedite the process.
• Administer/Enroll employee benefit programs in compliance with carrier contracts.
• Assist staff, beneficiaries and/or insurance providers for the purpose of verifying eligibility, conveying information and processing claims.
• Distribute documents (ie: open enrollment packets, new/change forms, COBRA, FMLA, 403b forms) for the purpose of providing information and proof of insurance coverage/s.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Human Resources preferred with at least 4 years of payroll/accounting experience.
• Strong working knowledge of payroll concepts, practices, and procedures along with HR laws and regulations.
• Experience using Paychex or comparable payroll software.
• Strong customer service skills and communications skills (verbal and written).
• Able to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, handle multiple tasks, meet established targets, and work within critical milestones.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting software desirable.
• Must be detail oriented and self-directed.
• Non Profit accounting experience is helpful.
To apply: Please submit cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using Payroll/AP/HR Administration Specialist in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit package.
Production Staff – PT (Week-Ends & Evenings)
Reports to: Productions Manager
COCA is seeking experienced crew members to join our Production team (House Managers, Stage Crew, and Technical Assistants – Light & Sound).
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by email to email@example.com using COCA Production Staff the subject line.
Or by mail to:
COCA – Center of Creative Arts
524 Trinity Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63130
Please note: COCA is always recruiting for Production Staff even if there are no current job openings.
How to apply
To apply for a job at COCA, please follow the specific instructions listed in the job posting. If no specific directions are listed, you can submit your current resume, cover letter and references to COCA HR Department by:
fax: 1(314) 725-6222
mail: 524 Trinity Ave., St. Louis, MO 63130
Equal Opportunity statement
COCA is an equal opportunity institution, and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the bases of race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and status as a covered veteran. This policy covers employment, and participation in the organization’s programs, activities, and services.