Opportunities at COCA
COCA is always looking for qualified individuals to work in a variety of capacities. COCA is a community-based arts center committed to the creation, presentation and display of the visual and performing arts. We seek like-minded individuals who are as passionate about their profession as the center is about its mission. You’ll work with other staff/faculty members who are professionals in their field and embrace the importance of the arts in all their forms to the community.
Current Job Openings
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support and services to the Executive Director. This person handles highly confidential work and details that are critical in advancing the organization. The Executive Assistant enhances the Executive Director’s effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the Executive Director to COCA’s staff, outside parties, and the Board of Directors.
Essential Job Functions:
• Plan and coordinate ED’s schedule (daily/weekly meetings, conferences, and travel). Provide both “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role for access to ED’s time.
• Research, prioritize and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to ED, including those of a sensitive and confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral or response. • Serve as ambassador between the ED and staff, maintaining an organized system of communication and demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with staff.
• Represent the ED by attending meetings in the ED’s absence, as needed.
• Manage avenues of access and communication to ED: phone, e-mail (which includes contact lists and address books), mail and office visits, etc.
• Maintain digital and hard-copy filing systems.
• Manage all aspects of internal staff meetings and external/community-based committee meetings, including scheduling, securing spaces/facilities, hospitality needs, drafting agenda items, following-up with presenters and taking meeting minutes as needed.
• Assist in conducting research to inform and prepare ED for a variety of meetings, presentations and topics.
• Professionally represent the ED and the organization in any and all circumstances.
• Support the Board by providing management support in scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, staffing, preparing minutes, and coordinating Board-level committee meetings and functions.
• Provide direct communication with the Board regarding meetings, news, events and any projects in progress.
• Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for ED.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the ED's ability to effectively lead the organization.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Manage “Paid Time Off” approvals for Senior staff.
• Manage ED’s credit card/expense account. Track and organize credit card receipts and allocate by account number; approve standard expense reports on behalf of ED.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Forward-looking thinker and creative problem solver who enjoys working in a dynamic environment that is mission and results driven, and community oriented
• Bachelor's degree required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat and Social Media platforms
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Executive Assistant" in the subject line.
Full-time position, requiring some evening and weekend hours, with competitive salary and benefits package.
COCA is searching for a part-time Patron Services Specialist. This position is fast paced, highly visible, and works on the front line answering phones and receiving and directing patrons. This position also alternates between the front desk/reception area and the position of “Floor Manager” to oversee the scheduled activities and events happening in the facility. This opportunity requires evenings and week-ends. Ideal candidates must be able to roll up their sleeves and work in a “hands on” environment. Position also demands an energetic individual with strong customer service, PC and multi-tasking skills.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com using COCA Patron Services in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Production Staff – PT (Week-Ends & Evenings)
Reports to: Productions Manager
COCA is seeking experienced crew members to join our Production team (House Managers, Stage Crew, and Technical Assistants – Light & Sound).
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using COCA Production Staff the subject line.
Or by mail to:
COCA – Center of Creative Arts
524 Trinity Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63130
Please note: COCA is always recruiting for Production Staff even if there are no current job openings.
How to apply
To apply for a job at COCA, please follow the specific instructions listed in the job posting. If no specific directions are listed, you can submit your current resume, cover letter and references to COCA HR Department by:
fax: 1(314) 725-6222
mail: 524 Trinity Ave., St. Louis, MO 63130
Equal Opportunity statement
COCA is an equal opportunity institution, and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the bases of race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and status as a covered veteran. This policy covers employment, and participation in the organization’s programs, activities, and services.