Opportunities at COCA
COCA is always looking for qualified individuals to work in a variety of capacities. COCA is a community-based arts center committed to the creation, presentation and display of the visual and performing arts. We seek like-minded individuals who are as passionate about their profession as the center is about its mission. You’ll work with other staff/faculty members who are professionals in their field and embrace the importance of the arts in all their forms to the community.
Current Job Openings
Skilled pianist experienced in accompanying ballet technique and modern dance classes. Monday & Thursday evenings 5:30-7:30PM, and Saturday 9-10:30AM. Opportunities for additional work. Classical and contemporary repertory. Hourly rate is $15-$30/hr depending on skills and experience.
Send resume to: email@example.com with “Accompanist” in the subject line.
COCAbiz Program Manager
COCAbiz is the business training division of COCA, a national leader in arts-based education. Offering programs for both individuals and corporate teams, COCAbiz helps people build their confidence, shift their professional outlook, and create corporate cultures that embrace creative problem solving, innovative thinking,and more dynamic leadership.
COCAbiz programs take on different formats - custom training, workshops, talks, conferences, and special events - but they all bring thoughtful, social, and curious individuals together in an intelligent and engaging atmosphere. Some present big picture insights while other enhance specific professional and technical skills. For information on COCAbiz, please visit www.cocabiz.com.
COCA is seeking a Program Manager to drive the growth of the innovative start-up program, COCAbiz. The primary responsibility of the COCAbiz Program Manager is to manage the day to day activities of the COCAbiz program, which involves creating program content, managing program initiatives and staff, as well as administering regular day-to-day processes. Regular interaction with upper management is expected in order to provide updates and report on the state of the program.
The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills in order to manage the diverse tasks and interact with the varied constituencies involved in the program. They should be an outstanding communicator, both orally and in writing. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where innovative thinking, flexibility, as well as the ability to work independently, is critically important.
Program Creation and Delivery
• Plan the overall delivery and evaluation of a program and its activities in conjunction with the Director of COCAbiz and Director of Education.
• Assist the Director of COCAbiz in developing budgets and costs of programs.
• Develop forms and records to document program activities.
• Manage scheduling of all meetings, pilots, and delivery dates for programming including gathering volunteer participants and ordering materials.
• Secure all reservations for programs including space negotiations at COCA as well as external.
• Serve as primary contact for teaching artists and business strategists.
• Prepare letters of agreement, timesheets, and track payment of teaching artists and strategists.
• Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
• Utilize online software to manage registration webpages for public programs.
• Maintain COCAbiz website with regular additions, edits, and general updates of the weebly site.
• Approve and track vendor invoices; submit for payment in accordance with billing requirements.
• Create and distribute invoices for programs; process payments through Tessitura software.
• Regularly update the COCAbiz database in the Tessitura software.
• Monitor spending and revenue in relation to the overall COCAbiz budget.
• Assist Director of Marketing in COCAbiz marketing
• Create quarterly e-blast schedule, focused on upcoming events and corporate offerings.
• Create weekly e-blast and distribute through Marketvolt software.
• Regularly upload new contact lists to Marketvolt software for e-blast distribution.
• Manage all COCAbiz social media initiatives, with a focus given to Twitter presence.
Communication & Coordination
• Communicate with staff, clients and other stakeholders to gain community support and to solicit input to improve the COCAbiz program.
• Liaise with other managers at COCA to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery; coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency if possible.
• Communicate with funders and sponsors as outlined in funding agreements.
• Ensure that all revenue records for the program are up to date in Tessitura software so managing reports are accurate.
• Monitor the program activities and give regular updates to Director of COCAbiz; recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required, 3+ years experience.
• Prior experience in launching a non-profit program a plus.
• Computer literacy is required, including knowledge of standard word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software. Experience working with software including: Marketvolt, Tessitura, Weebly, eTouches preferred but not required.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include COCAbiz Program Manager in the subject line.
Full-time position, requiring some evening and weekend hours, with competitive salary and benefits package.
COCA has openings in dance for the summer, and have a particular interest in dancers with Early Childhood experience.
- BA, BFA, MFA and/or extensive conservatory training/private study with respected teachers and/or professional performing experience.
- One year teaching experience and/or teaching certification.
- Three professional references
- “Audition” – Candidates are required to “audition teach” and will be observed by either the Director of Dance or the discipline director.
To apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.
COCA is searching for a part-time Patron Services Specialist. This position is fast paced, highly visible, and works on the front line answering phones and receiving and directing patrons. This position also alternates between the front desk/reception area and the position of “Floor Manager” to oversee the scheduled activities and events happening in the facility. This opportunity requires evenings and week-ends. Ideal candidates must be able to roll up their sleeves and work in a “hands on” environment. Position also demands an energetic individual with strong customer service, PC and multi-tasking skills.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org using COCA Patron Services in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Production Staff – PT (Week-Ends & Evenings)
Reports to: Productions Manager
COCA is seeking experienced crew members to join our Production team (House Managers, Stage Crew, and Technical Assistants – Light & Sound).
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by email to email@example.com using COCA Production Staff the subject line.
Or by mail to:
COCA – Center of Creative Arts
524 Trinity Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63130
Please note: COCA is always recruiting for Production Staff even if there are no current job openings.
How to apply
To apply for a job at COCA, please follow the specific instructions listed in the job posting. If no specific directions are listed, you can submit your current resume, cover letter and references to COCA HR Department by:
fax: 1(314) 725-6222
mail: 524 Trinity Ave., St. Louis, MO 63130
Equal Opportunity statement
COCA is an equal opportunity institution, and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the bases of race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and status as a covered veteran. This policy covers employment, and participation in the organization’s programs, activities, and services.