Opportunities at COCA
COCA is always looking for qualified individuals to work in a variety of capacities. COCA is a community-based arts center committed to the creation, presentation and display of the visual and performing arts. We seek like-minded individuals who are as passionate about their profession as the center is about its mission. You’ll work with other staff/faculty members who are professionals in their field and embrace the importance of the arts in all their forms to the community.
Current Job Openings
COCA Marketing & Communications Coordinator
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and supports all aspects of COCA’s multi-faceted marketing initiatives, with a focus on writing, publications, promotions, digital marketing, research and general administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the development and execution of marketing plans, creative briefs and presentations.
• Manage the production of COCA publications and draft/assign editorial content.
• Ensure all marketing materials adhere to strict brand guidelines.
• Provide design support to the Graphic Designer.
• Maintain marketing materials inventory and coordinate distribution and public display.
• Execute the day-to-day creation and delivery of e-marketing materials.
• Maintain internal marketing events calendar and online community calendars.
• Assist with the strategy and execution of social media, SEO, online advertising and other digital marketing efforts.
• Provide website maintenance and update support to the Graphic Designer.
• Coordinate and facilitate all on- and off-site promotions and grassroots partnerships.
• Coordinate sales efforts to area schools and targeted groups/organizations.
• Coordinate media relations efforts.
• Conduct market research to identify market niches, product awareness, market penetration opportunities, competition, etc.
• Prepare and send surveys and analyze data to determine brand awareness, loyalty, etc.
• Collaborate with Development team to produce fundraising analytics as required.
• Assist Development Department with grant writing and case making to ensure content is consistent with institutional marketing messages.
• Collaborate with core programming divisions to evaluate program offerings, create appropriate marketing plans and develop analytics to utilize for future planning.
• Coordinate all logistics for internal and external marketing events and meetings, including theatre subscriber events.
• Maintain department’s archive files including collateral, photos and media coverage.
• Manage all Marketing Department interns.
• Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Communications.
• Passion for COCA’s mission.
• One to two years experience in Marketing or a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree. Marketing/Journalism/Communications is a plus.
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Grant writing experience preferred.
• Demonstrated success with digital media marketing strategies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive, passionate communicator.
• Ability to problem-solve, manage projects, work under pressure and meet deadlines in an energetic, fast paced organization.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented with demonstrated organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively on a team and independently to see projects through to completion.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please include Marketing and Communications Coordinator in the subject line.
Full-time position, requiring some evening and weekend hours, with competitive salary and benefits package.
COCA is searching for a part-time Patron Services Specialist. This position is fast paced, highly visible, and works on the front line answering phones and receiving and directing patrons. This position also alternates between the front desk/reception area and the position of “Floor Manager” to oversee the scheduled activities and events happening in the facility. This opportunity requires evenings and week-ends. Ideal candidates must be able to roll up their sleeves and work in a “hands on” environment. Position also demands an energetic individual with strong customer service, PC and multi-tasking skills.
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org using COCA Patron Services in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Production Staff – PT (Week-Ends & Evenings)
Reports to: Productions Manager
COCA is seeking experienced crew members to join our Production team (House Managers, Stage Crew, and Technical Assistants – Light & Sound).
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and references by email to email@example.com using COCA Production Staff the subject line.
Or by mail to:
COCA – Center of Creative Arts
524 Trinity Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63130
Please note: COCA is always recruiting for Production Staff even if there are no current job openings.
Special Events Consultant
The Special Events Consultant’s primary responsibility is to logistically plan and execute COCA’s two major donor events – FLAME and COCAcabana.
- FLAME is a complimentary appreciation party for members of the Richard Baron Leadership Circle and will occur on Friday, January 9, 2015.
- COCAcabana is COCA’s signature Spring fundraising event which draws more than 600 business and community leaders for cocktails and dinner, silent and live auctions, artistic performances, special celebrity guests and creative themes that are uniquely COCA. COCAcabana will occur on Friday, April 24, 2015.
The Special Events Consultant will work on a contract basis starting in December 2014 through early May 2015. The consultant may be required to attend meetings prior to December.
- Oversee and execute logistics for COCA’s signature fundraising event, COCAcabana. Work closely with COCA’s Major Gift Officer who oversees recruitment of COCAcabana leadership and achievement of contributed income budget.
- Oversee and execute logistics for COCA’s appreciation event for RBLC, FLAME. Work closely with the Director of Advancement who oversees strategy and achievement of RBLC contributed income budget.
- Serve as primary contact between production team and COCA’s vendors to effectively execute each event.
- Adhere to event expense budgets and assist COCA in reaching revenue and customer experience/satisfaction goals.
- Lead and/or be an active participant in all event planning meetings (on and off site)
- Assist with on-site production detail (physical set up, décor, work assignments, etc.)
- Work with Marketing Department to develop media releases, marketing/promotional materials and correspondence to prospective donors for events.
· Manage event timeline
· Oversee Live and Silent Auction recruitment efforts, including solicitation of auction items, contracts and all documentation needed for auction booklet (which will be supplied to the Marketing Dept. for production), collection of items, item displays, donor thank you cards, item fulfillment, etc.
· Oversee relationship with Bid Pal, or other provider.
· Oversee relationship with Auctioneer
· Oversee relationships with event caterer, rental supplier, tent supplier, valet, musical entertainment, etc.
· Oversee relationship with Event Producer
· Oversee event design and decorations
· Oversee event kick-off event – January 2015
· Assign tasks to COCA staff to perform during event night (with assistance from the Development staff)
· Manage timeline
· Oversee event production. Work with Director of Dance and Event Producer (if needed)
· Oversee relationships with event caterer, rentals, valet, musical entertainment, etc.
· Work closely with Director of Advancement, who manages relationship with RBLC donors.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree with at least 5 years experience in planning fundraising events.
- A successful track record of executing large fundraising events involving dynamic organizations and patrons.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Openness, integrity, positive attitude, and self-directed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Great attention to detail.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Special Events Consultant” in the subject line.
How to apply
To apply for a job at COCA, please follow the specific instructions listed in the job posting. If no specific directions are listed, you can submit your current resume, cover letter and references to COCA HR Department by:
fax: 1(314) 725-6222
mail: 524 Trinity Ave., St. Louis, MO 63130
Equal Opportunity statement
COCA is an equal opportunity institution, and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the bases of race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and status as a covered veteran. This policy covers employment, and participation in the organization’s programs, activities, and services.