The COCA Associate Board
COCA's Mission - Enriching lives and building community through the arts.
COCA Associate Board - The COCA Associate Board is a group of motivated, philanthropic professionals who have an interest in engaging the St. Louis community in the arts.
Purpose Statement - The purpose of the Associate Board is to increase awareness and understanding of COCA’s mission and build participation and support for its programs and services.
- Pay Membership dues of $500 per year (all COCA Annual Fund donation benefits at the $500 Patron level apply).
- Attend each one of four quarterly meetings (held at COCA) as well as one annual joint meeting with the COCA Board of Directors.
- Serve on one of three Sub-Committees: Bylaws Committee, Recruitment Committee, Social Committee.
- Attend at least two COCA Associate Board-hosted events including internal social events, adult and family cultivation events and fundraisers.
- Recruit new COCA Associate Board Members, bring new sponsorships or provide in-kind support to COCA (as appropriate).
- COCA Associate Board Members and their families are encouraged to further participate in COCA through classes and camps, COCAbiz, COCAcabana, COCA Presents, etc.
Experience Board leadership with a nationally renowned arts organization, gain networking experience, work with community leaders, learn about development and fundraising methods and participate in social events. In addition, COCA Associate Board Members receive all COCA Annual Fund donoation benefits at the $500 Patron level, including:
- Recognition on signage at COCA
- Four free tickets to COCA’s Family Night Out event
- Listing in COCA Annual Report
- Invitation to purchase tickets to COCAcabana
- Early registration for COCA Summer Arts Camp
- Two free tickets to a COCA Presents Performance
- Invitation for you and a guest to attend three complimentary “Taste of COCA” parties throughout the year, including cocktails and exclusive access to a COCA performance, exhibition or artist talk.
2013-2014 Executive Officers:
Elizabeth Hazzard, President and Executive Committee Chair - BKD, LLP
Patricia Martin, President-Elect - Edward Jones Investments
Jon Spindler, Vice President and Social Committee Liaison - Downtown Production LLC
Emily Baron-Bernstein, Secretary and Recruitment Committee Liaison - McCormack, Baron, Salazar
Summer Belden, Treasurer and Bylaws Committee Liaison - Peabody Energy
Erica Bouchard, Bylaws Committee Member - Buckingham Asset Management
Mecayla Cobb, AIA, Recruitment Committee Chair - Cannon Design
Kelli Dunaway, Social Committee Member - Bryan Cave LLP
Kate Ewing, Recruitment Committee Chair - Mosby Buiding Arts
Erica Freeman, Bylaws Committee Chair - Bunzl USA, Inc.
Courtney Hemmer, Social Committee Member - Image Technologies, Anheuser-Busch
Julie Hovermale, Social Committee Chair - Community Volunteer
Cicely Lubben, Social Committee Member - Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
Rob Merlin, Recruitment Committee Member - The Smart Flyer, Inc.
F. Shabnam Nouraie, Social Committee Member - Client Services, Inc.
Christina Morrow, Bylaws Committee Member - Community Volunteer
Sandy Turner, Social Committee Member - Wise F&I
Megan Zimmerman, Bylaws Committee Member - Crown Center for Senior Living
Aften Zurliene, Recruitment Committee Member - Arcturis