COCA Junior Board
The COCA Junior Board is a group of motivated, philanthropic young professionals who have an interest in engaging the St. Louis community in the arts.Mission:
Raising awareness of COCA among young adults by serving as ambassadors in the St. Louis community and promoting COCA events and programs, while shaping future leaders and long-term advocates for the organization.
- Pay Membership dues of $500 per year (all COCA Membership benefits apply).
- Contribute $500 to the COCAcabana Scholarship Appeal (entitling each Member to two complimentary tickets to the event).
- Attend each of four quarterly meetings (held at COCA) as well as one joint meeting with the COCA Board of Directors.
- Serve on one of three Sub-Committees: Bylaws Committee, Recruitment & Retention Committee, Social Committee.
- Attend at least two Junior Board-hosted events including internal social events, adult and family cultivation events and fundraisers.
- Recruit new Junior Board Members, bring new sponsorships or provide in-kind support to COCA (as appropriate).
- COCA Junior Board Members and their families are encouraged to further participate in COCA through classes and camps, COCAbiz, COCAcabana, COCA Family Theatre Series, etc.
Experience Board leadership with a nationally renowned arts organization, gain networking experience, work with community leaders, learn about development and fundraising methods and participate in social events. In addition, COCA Junior Board Members receive all COCA Membership benefits at the $500 level, including:
- Early registration for COCA classes and camps
- No registration fees
- Unlimited discounts on COCA classes and camps
- Invitation to annual COCA Member Summer Sendoff and other exclusive events
- Special-edition COCA tote (or other premium item)
- COCA Notecard Collection
- Two free tickets to a COCA Family Theatre Series or off-series special performance of your choice (subject to availability)
- Complimentary valet parking for COCA Family Theatre Series shows provided by Midwest Valet Parking
2012-2013 Executive Officers:
Elizabeth Hazzard, President and Executive Committee Chair - BKD, LLP
Patricia Martin, Vice President and Bylaws Committee Liaison - Edward Jones Investments
Blake Huddleston, Secretary and Social Committee Liaison - Renaissance Financial
Brian Kilbane, Treasurer and Recruitment & Retention Committee Liaison - Deloitte & Touche LLP
Summer Belden, Recruitment & Retention Committee Member - Peabody Energy
Erica Bouchard, Bylaws Committee Member - Buckingham Asset Management
Cassie Burd, Social Committee Member - Butler’s Pantry
Kate Ewing, Recruitment & Retention Committee Chair - Booksource
Erica Freeman, Bylaws Committee Chair - Bunzl USA, Inc.
Caryn Haddix, Social Committee Member - Full-time MBA Student
Julie Hovermale, Social Committee Chair - Community Volunteer
Rob Merlin, Recruitment & Retention Committee Member - The Smart Flyer, Inc.
Christina Morrow, Bylaws Committee Member - Peabody Energy
Jon Spindler, Social Committee Member - Downtime Productions LLC
Sandy Turner, Recruitment & Retention Committee Member - Wise F&I
Download a COCA Junior Board Application.
Contact Lauren Kistner or Sarah Melinger with any questions regarding the COCA Junior Board and the application process.
Lauren Kistner, Development & Marketing Coordinator
| (314) 561-4894
Sarah Melinger, Development Manager
| (314) 561-4871
Feb 21, 2014 - Apr 27, 2014
Carol Fleming Marks’ monumental ceramic sculpture comes full circle in this exhibition of site-specific new work.
Free and open to the public.