COCA’s accompanists provide musical accompaniment for dance classes and other performance activities.
- Play live music (piano or percussion) as accompaniment for classical ballet, modern and other specified dance technique classes.
- Prepare and know music needed for all classes, levels and rehearsals for which you are scheduled.
- Provide and play the proper tempo, style and variations of music suitable for each assigned class.
- Fulfill number of hours/classes required in specific Letter of Agreement.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner at all times to faculty, staff, parents and students.
- Arrange for qualified substitute when unable to attend scheduled classes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant professional experience
- Commitment to accompaniment and continuity on a part time basis
- Ability to perform moderate to complex musical pieces using appropriate instruments and equipment
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry and move at least 20lbs