COCA’s accompanists provide musical accompaniment for dance classes and other performance activities.
- Play live music (piano or percussion) as accompaniment for classical ballet, modern and other specified dance technique classes.
- Prepare and know music needed for all classes, levels and rehearsals for which you are scheduled.
- Provide and play the proper tempo, style and variations of music suitable for each assigned class.
- Fulfill number of hours/classes required in specific Letter of Agreement.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner at all times to faculty, staff, parents and students.
- Arrange for qualified substitute when unable to attend scheduled classes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or significant professional experience
- Commitment to accompaniment and continuity on a part time basis
- Ability to perform moderate to complex musical pieces using appropriate instruments and equipment
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to lift, carry and move at least 20lbs
COCA’s Equity and Inclusion Commitment: COCA is committed to actively and intentionally operating as an anti-bias, anti-racist institution. As such, we promote policies, practices, and programs that create courageous spaces for our COCA community to dialogue toward understanding.
We know art is a powerful instrument for social justice. It is a means for people to share history, culture, and perspectives, celebrate differences, challenge assumptions, and find common ground. We aim to be a home to people from all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, citizen status, veteran status, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis of discrimination.
COCA is dedicated to advancing anti-bias, anti-racism work as we grow. As a learning institution, we understand that this work is an iterative journey. We will continue to evolve our strategies in collaboration with our communities in order to remain relevant and impactful.