Production Staff-House Manager (Part Time)
Reports to/Supervisor Title: Production Manager
As a leader in arts education, and the largest multidisciplinary community arts organization in the Midwest, COCA annually serves more than 50,000 people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Through dance, vocal music, theatre, art and design, and beyond, we nurture the artistic and creative potential in our students and our community. This spring, COCA will debut a brand new, state-of-the-art theatre featuring two-tier seating with a spacious stage and a generous technical inventory.
COCA House Managers are an integral part of COCA Presents shows, COCA’s Pre-Professional produced shows and many other shows and events. They are the front-line representative of COCA and should provide the highest level of customer service to patrons, donors, etc.
- Represent COCA for the COCA Presents shows, COCA’s produced shows, COCA fundraisers and/or special events.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of patrons including adjusting temperature, resolving seating issues, etc.
- Work as a liaison between COCA staff, ushers, performers, technicians and the public.
- Be familiar with COCA’s emergency procedures in case of patron accident, fire, inclement weather, etc. and executing said procedures, if necessary.
- Be familiar with COCA’s theatrical polices and seating charts.
- Prepare the Front-of-House for patron arrival and perform checks on the House prior to House open.
- Trains all ushers and places them at necessary posts (handing out programs, taking tickets, seating patrons).
- Collaborate with the Production Manager/COCA staff and technicians on the house open, production start times and intermissions.
- Address any patron needs with or without the assistance of the on-duty Facility Supervisor, Patron Services or other COCA team members.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Previous experience in front of house or theatrical management.
- A desire to provide exceptional patron service.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including days, nights and weekends.
- Ability to problem solve, be flexible, imaginative, and innovative.
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand instruction.
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.