Intern – Development Department
Part-Time – 10-15 hours/week for 5 months
An honorarium will be awarded upon completion of the internship.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support staff with logistics associated with special events (including annual fundraising event, COCAcabana), including:
- Track and report on event RSVP’s and ticket sales.
- Prepare agendas for event committee meetings and take notes for distribution.
- Support the creation and dissemination of sponsorship requests.
- Support the COCAcabana auction, including writing specialized requests, tracking donations, and developing appealing descriptions of packages.
- Assist in writing and gathering supplementary materials for grants.
- Support development communications by drafting copy for review by other team members.
- Assist in development mailing logistics as needed.
- Data input and organization on the Tessitura software program.
- Provide logistical support for the Major Gifts Officer.
- Assist in tracking Development Department expense budgets.
- Conduct prospect research on individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
- Additional responsibilities, as needed.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have earned a baccalaureate degree, or have equivalent professional experience.
- Applicant is less than five years from graduation or the equivalent work experience.
- Be able to commit to an 8-month program.
- Reside in, or be able to relocate to, the St. Louis metro area.
- An interest in non-profit development, event management, fundraising, arts administration/management.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.