Katherine Dunham Fellow
Reports to the Pre-Professional Division Manager
Named in honor of the dancer, choreographer and activist, Katherine Dunham. The purpose of the Katherine Dunham Fellowship is: 1) to provide opportunities for individuals who currently are underrepresented in the field of arts administration, 2) to gain experience in a very specific field of arts administration, and 3) to develop the pool of outstanding minority arts administration professionals.
COCA’s Fellowship Program is a professional training program for aspiring arts administrators, arts educators, and performing arts production practitioners. Participants are given practical learning experiences, independent and collective projects, and work as entry-level staff persons in the company’s administrative and production departments.
We are looking for an organized, professional, creative, energetic post-college or graduate student to fill the Katherine Dunham Fellowship.
This is a part-time, hourly administrative position. The Katherine Dunham Fellow is responsible for providing administrative support to the Pre-Professional Division Manager, aiding in the day to day tasks as well as ongoing projects associated with the Pre-Professional Division and Dance Department.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a current active list of company members and contact information
- Track weekly attendance for the Pre-Professional Division
- Monitoring excused and unexcused absences and total attendance percentages
- Pulling data reports through ActiveNet
- Maintain the COCA Company website and calendar
- Compile production packets for PPD performances
- Aid in COCA’s Regional Summer Intensive Audition planning and execution of event
- Assist in compiling information for COCA’s reaccreditation through ACCPAS and NASD
- Assist in projects and tasks given by the department manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration or equivalent degree
- Experience working in arts administration a plus
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel and Word
- Ability to problem solve, be flexible, imaginative and innovative
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
- Ability to circulate around building on foot and navigate stairs
Please submit cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Katherine Dunham/PPD Assistant” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer