Patron Services Supervisor- Evenings & Week-ends
A member of the Patron Services team, this position provides customer service, logistical, and facility leadership during COCA’s peak programming hours (evenings/weekends).
- Serve as evening/weekend trainer for all Patron Services new hires.
- Manage evening/weekend facility issues. Determine if emergency service call is necessary. Schedule facility service calls with preferred vendors, as needed.
- Facilitate evening/weekend setup needs.
- Provide front of house and event support as needed.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when faced with difficult situations.
- Manage the process of finding substitute faculty: contacting faculty, combining/cancelling class, and contacting students, faculty, accompanists, as needed.
- Manage emergencies (medical, fire, severe weather, etc.) as needed.
- Maintain open communication with Patron Services Daytime Supervisor and Patron Services part-time staff regarding changes in programming, special events, maintenance issues, service calls, etc.
- Inspect studios upon arrival to ensure they are clean and properly equipped for that day’s programming. Utilize Operations Support staff to ready rooms as needed.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager and Patron Services Daytime Supervisor to support facility and department needs.
- Respond to internal service requests during peak programming hours – schedule appropriate action as needed (ie: special cleaning requests, adjustment to HVAC temperatures, etc.)
- Participate in Safety Committee
· Assist in prepping studios for summer camps. Coordinate stocking of supplies, equipment moves, bin assembly etc.
DESK MANAGER DUTIES:
· Provide leadership to effectively enforce institutional policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment/event. Recommend additional ways to create a secure environment.
· Greet and engage students, parents, faculty, patrons and building visitors in a friendly pro-active manner. Encourage feedback about their experience at COCA, promote other opportunities to participate.
· Be knowledgeable about the range of programs/events happening at COCA
· Answer phones and direct calls
- Provide administrative support to all COCA departments.
- Create and maintain weekly class templates for front monitors (maintain Summer Camp templates)
- Send and receive packages and other items via UPS, FedEx, USPS, or courier
- Maintain professional appearance of the reception area by keeping area organized and stocked
- Promote and sell COCA merchandise
- Open and/or close the building according to procedure
- Daily housekeeping duties
- Support daily building operations and schedule
- Provide customer service/support regarding classes/camps/performances
- Communicate schedule/room/and operations related information to faculty
- Provide Registration support
- Assist in calling students should a class need to be cancelled
BOX OFFICE DUTIES:
- Be knowledgeable about each ticketed COCA-sponsored production as well as events for rental clients
- Process ticket sales (in person and over the phone) using Tessitura software
- Receive and process all ticket exchange requests
- Receive and process ticket voucher requests from outside community organizations seeking donations for their fundraising/special events under the guidance of the Director of Development.
- Prepare deposits for Activenet & Tessitura income (Box office, merchandise sales, rental income, misc. payments) and submit to the Accounting Department.
- Receive and process group ticket purchase requests
- On the day of the performances, print will call tickets, inform House Managers of assigned volunteer ushers and any special needs patrons, process walk up ticket sales, prepare final sales reports, tally house counts.
- Maintain petty cash fund
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Must have organizational skills, able to multi-task, be self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel
- Willingness to take on administrative/operational tasks as needed
- Great people skills, initiative and enthusiasm
- Ability to lift, carry and move at least 20lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to navigate stairs