Production Staff-Sound Technician (Part Time)
Reports to/Supervisor Title: Production Manager
As a leader in arts education, and the largest multidisciplinary community arts organization in the Midwest, COCA annually serves more than 50,000 people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Through dance, vocal music, theatre, art and design, and beyond, we nurture the artistic and creative potential in our students and our community. This spring, COCA will debut a brand new, state-of-the-art theatre featuring two-tier seating with a spacious stage and a generous technical inventory.
- Assist in all tasks related to the smooth planning, loading-in, executing, and loading out of theatrical shows and events.
- Perform as Audio Mixer/Audio Operator/A2 on theatrical and event productions.
- Maintain the integrity of the sound design throughout the productions.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the production communication system.
- Assist in maintaining the inventory of wired and wireless microphones.
- Assisting in maintaining inventories of consumables and advising on purchases as related to their department.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or significant professional training.
- Experience with digital and analog audio equipment (maintenance, repair, troubleshooting), current wireless technologies and industry standards and manufacturers.
- Experience with sound and video related software including, but not limited to, QLab, Yamaha boards, Dante Networking.
- Ability to mix a multi-microphone show (up to 24 wireless body mics).
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and be able to assist in trouble-shooting projections.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible, imaginative, and innovative.
- Ability to work alone or with a group – initiative is desired (identifying issues before they are problems, preventative maintenance, etc.)
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand instruction.
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach in all directions.
- Ability to work comfortably at heights such as catwalks, and the use of ladders and a genie lift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.