As a leader in arts education, and the largest multidisciplinary community arts organization in the Midwest, COCA annually serves more than 50,000 people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. Through dance, vocal music, theatre, art and design, and beyond, we nurture the artistic and creative potential in our students and our community. This spring, COCA will debut a brand new, state-of-the-art theatre featuring two-tier seating with a spacious stage and a generous technical inventory.
- Assist in all tasks related to the smooth planning, loading-in, executing, and loading out of theatrical shows and events.
- Perform various duties on theatrical and event productions in the positions of spot op, deckhand and other support positions.
- Assist in tasks related to the smooth and safe execution of production tasks to ensure a smooth running rehearsal and/or performance.
- Skills in theatrical concentrations such as electrical, sound, carpentry, wardrobe, etc a plus.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or significant professional training.
- Experience with various theatrical equipment and technologies – sound, lights, etc
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and be able to assist in trouble-shooting basic presentations.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to problem solve and be flexible, imaginative, and innovative.
- Ability to work alone or with a group – initiative is desired (identifying issues before they are problems, preventative maintenance, etc.)
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand instruction.
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach in all directions.
- Ability to work comfortably at heights such as catwalks, and the use of ladders and a genie lift.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.