Transportation Operator Position Description
COCA seeks a part-time driver (Thursdays-6 hours, opportunities for more hours) with a current CDL and a safe driving record to transport children to and from COCA.
- Safely transport children to and from COCA or COCA sponsored events.
- Run the most efficient transportation routes provided by staff.
- Maintain attendance records and behavior for all students participating in the program.
- Maintain the service needs of the van including; gas, oil changes, cleaning in and outside the van, general maintenance and the assigned cell phone.
- Work with schools and families to ensure safe pick up/drop offs from front offices/homes. Represent COCA to our children and school sites in a friendly, professional manner.
- Communicate any issues during routes in a timely manner.
- Must have safe driving record and current CDL
- Must have good communication skills, be able to take initiative, possess a friendly attitude and be able to maintain a safe environment.
- Must be able to use on-line driving direction application
- Must know how to communicate via email and work on Microsoft Word or other word processing applications.
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand instruction
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach in all directions
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using COCA Transportation Operator in the subject line.