COCAedu’s after-school arts classes and school day residencies provide customized, multidisciplinary arts enrichment programs designed for schools and community organizations. Our arts learning programming produces unique experiences for students to learn while supporting and enhancing classroom curriculum.
Our education staff and teaching artists collaborate with classroom teachers to plan school day residencies and after-school classes in dance, digital media, literary arts, theatre, music, and visual arts.
Arts learning opportunities are available throughout the St. Louis metro area.
COCAedu teaching artists instruct students in an 8- to 10-week residency format. Most of our school day residencies include a visit to COCA’s Millstone Gallery for an exhibition or one of COCA’s theatres for a live performance.
COCA offers school day residencies in the following areas:
- Dance: Choreography, contemporary, creative movement, hip-hop, jazz, modern, West African
- Digital Media: Film and video, photography, stop motion animation
- Theatre/Literary Arts: Creative drama, acting, creative writing, improvisation, musical theatre, playwriting, poetry, storytelling
- Music: Singing, songwriting, African percussion
- Visual Arts: Anime and manga, comic books, collage, drawing, fiber arts/textiles, mosaic, murals, painting, printmaking, sculpture
COCAedu teaching artists provide after-school classes for arts learning to students meeting once a week for 6 to 10 weeks.
COCA offers the following after-school classes:
- Dance and Creative Movement
- Theatre and Music
- Visual Art
Become a Member
Make an impact and maximize your COCA experience with behind-the-scenes access, special perks, and insider engagements.