Last Revised: February 15, 2022
COCA knows that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. That is why COCA wants you to understand what information we collect and how we use it.
We collect and use your personal information to help us improve our website and market COCA programs and services. We use the term “personal information” to describe information that can reasonably be associated with you and can be used to identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been de-identified or aggregated.
It does not apply to personal information that we may receive through other means, including in the context of business-to-business relationships.
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information about our visitors, donors, and prospective donors:
- Personal information and identifiers, including name and date of birth
- Contact information, including telephone number, email address, and physical address
- Demographic information, including age, race, ethnicity, gender identification, disability status, citizenship
- Financial information, including credit card and bank account information
- IP address
We collect information from you when you register on our Site, place an order or register for a program or class, subscribe to a newsletter, or otherwise enter information on our Site.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Improve the Site to better serve your needs
- Market and advertise our programs and services
- Register you for classes or programs
- Accept and process donations
- Conduct audits
- Detect and protect against security incidents
- Meet legal, regulatory, and compliance requirements
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with service providers whom we engage to provide certain services to us. These parties help us provide our services to you or perform business functions on our behalf. They include:
- Companies that provide ticketing services, process donations, and sell memberships and gift certificates on our behalf;
- Companies that provide platforms for you to register for our classes or programs;
- Companies that help us host fundraising events;
- Companies that track and analyze our donation information; and
- Companies that track our visitor and Site statistics, including for marketing and advertising purposes.
These entities may have their own privacy policies that govern any information you provide directly to them.
We may disclose your U.S Postal addresses with other St. Louis non-profit organizations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Attorneys and other legal professionals
- Consultants and contractors (e.g., external auditors)
- Software as a service providers
Finally, we may disclose information about you with outside companies, organizations, or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Do Not Track & Behavioral Advertising
Our Site does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” or similar browser signals and does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information by third parties or sharing of personally identifiable information with third parties except as provided in this Policy.
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Policy, we will update the Site and policy Last Revised date accordingly.
Your use of the Site and/or our services constitutes your consent to the terms of this Policy. If you cannot or do not consent to the terms of this Policy (as it may be revised from time to time), you must not use the Site.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, or your choices and rights regarding such use, please contact us at 314.561.4876 or firstname.lastname@example.org.