COCA’s Student Handbook outlines our policies and procedures to ensure that all students and their parents/guardians will experience a positive, healthy, and educationally productive atmosphere. Please read over the guidelines within the Student Handbook to familiarize yourself with our policies.
COCA (Center of Creative Arts) has been providing meaningful arts experiences to St. Louisans and their families since 1986. COCA is the fourth largest multidisciplinary community arts center in the U.S. and a leader in innovative arts education. We offer arts education in our own studios, gallery, and theatres, as well as in schools, community centers, and business settings in order to build a vibrant community that is creative, connected, and inclusive.
To enrich lives and build community through the arts.
COCA Core Values
COCA is proud to serve people of all ages and backgrounds from across the St. Louis Metropolitan area each year. Our core values are at the heart of everything we do.
- The creative potential of everyone and the transformative power of the arts to change lives
- Both the artistic process and the artistic product
- Diversity and serving as a bridge to connect people
- Inclusiveness and removing barriers to make the arts accessible
- Innovation and delivering thought-provoking, relevant programs and experiences to the communities we serve
- The people who work and volunteer to support our mission
- Our unique St. Louis home and the community that is created when people learn together through the arts
We ask our students, parents/guardians, staff, and faculty to adhere to these values and follow all behaviors and policies outlined in the COCA Student Handbook. It is our sincere intention to provide a quality arts education in a positive and respectful environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying, and abuse.
Studio Habits of Mind
COCA’s educational approach impacts students beyond the studio and grounds our arts education in youth development goals
Each teaching artist brings their unique artistic perspective and teaching skill to the classroom
Student Guidelines & Policies
Review COCA’s student guidelines & policies for attendance, make-up classes, health & safety, and more
Student Etiquette & Responsibilities
Students should adhere to COCA’s classroom etiquette and responsibilities
Dance Dress Code
All dancers are responsible for dressing according to the correct dress codes for their class level
Become a Member
Make an impact and maximize your COCA experience with behind-the-scenes access, special perks, and insider engagements.